A little rain couldn’t dampen the Wildcat spirit, as the University School of Milwaukee community came out in droves to celebrate Homecoming Weekend.
Homecoming 2016 was one for the record books. After a week of excitement-building events like special dress days and an All-School Pep Rally featuring the Famous Racing Sausages™, cross-divisional relay races, and a surprise visit from FOX6 Sports Director Tom Pipines to highlight the football game as the station’s Game of the Week, the Wildcats were ready to take on Brookfield Academy for the big game.
The Wildcats put up an impressive fight and kept the fans on the edge of their seats, despite ultimately losing to the Blue Knights 20-13. Special guests at Friday’s game included members of the inaugural Athletic Hall of Fame class, who were inducted on Saturday night. The excitement continued with the Blue and Gold 3K Fun Run/Walk, Willie’s Fun Fest, and thrilling athletic events.
- The All-School Pep Rally on Friday afternoon, followed by the All-School BBQ open to all members of the USM community before the football game
- The Junior Wildcat Jamboree, featuring Middle School Athletics events and activities for the whole family
- The Blue and Gold 3K Fun Run/Walk, held on USM’s scenic cross-country trail
- Willie’s Fun Fest, featuring bounce houses and carnival games
- Girls field hockey defeating Arrowhead 5-1 in the Tessa Nowakowski ’10 Memorial Field Hockey Game
- Boys soccer defeating Messmer 6-0
- The inaugural Athletic Hall of Fame induction held on Saturday night
- The Upper School Homecoming Dance held on Saturday night